Vila Berta—tasting notes
Vila Berta is an IPA by Oitava Colina. It has a very hoppy and oats aroma. Taste is fresh with a lot of citrics and smooth bitterness. Color is very hazy, not a NEIPA but kind in the middle.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).