Urraca Vendaval—tasting notes
Urraca Vendaval is an IPA from Oitava Colina, dedicated to a neighbor with a lot of character. In nose it has presence of malt and herbaceous hops, while in mouth it predominates the sweetness of the malt and the fruity nuances of hops with bittersweet contrasts.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).