Born in the IPA—tasting notes
Born In The IPA is an IPA by Portuguese brewery Musa. Nose has tropical fruits, citrus, pinapple and some roasted notes. Taste is sweet and dry, with citrus and pine and a dry and bitter finish.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).