Xigantes (Can/Lata) tasting notes
Jakobsland Na Terra Dos Xigantes is an IPA brewed with double dryhopping and 6 different hops. Color is dark orange, with a large creamy head. Aromas are tropical, fruity, very floral. The taste is has a nice bitterness, with a ballanced malty and fruity body and a dry finish for a quite refreshing India Pale Ale. Now also in can.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).