Summertime (Can/Lata)—tasting notes
Jakobsland Summertime is an India Pale Ale with summer berries, oats, lactose, vanilla and tropical aroma hops. Funky hazy pink brown color with thin white head. Aromas of berries, vanilla and tropical fruit. The taste is sweet with some bitterness at the end, with fruity hints and some herbal. Medium creamy body. A very original creamy and fruity IPA, now also in can format.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).