Crimson Shards—tasting notes
Crimson Shards is a collaborative brew between Garage Brewing and the English brewery Magic Rock, brewed with AU035 and Mosaic hops. It has citric and fruity aromas, with hints of peach and melon. Palate is smooth and sweet, with some herbal and spice hints in the background, and a very refreshing and smooth finish.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).