Ragnar Hopbrok tasting notes
Ragnar Hopbrok is an IPA from Espiga with 6.5% ABV, brewed with Azacca, Simcoe and Mosaic hops and fermented with Norwegian kweik. It has a golden hazy orange color, with a thick white foam. Aroma has tropical fruits, citrus and peach. Taste is peach and citrus with yeasty hints from the kweik, and a dry bitter finish.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).
0 / 100
0 / 100