Pliny the Oncle tasting notes
Pliny the Oncle is a tribute to legendary IPA's Pliny the Elder and Pliny the Younger, who were also two historical roman writers and were related as son and uncle (oncle in Catalan). It has a combination of herbal and fruity aromas, with notes of citrics and malts in the background. Taste is moderately sweet and bitter, with a citric aftertaste.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).
0 / 100
0 / 100