Garage IPA tasting notes
Espiga Garage IPA is an IPA elaborated with typical American hops—Galena, Mosaic, Citra, Amarillo and Simcoe. In nose it has resinous and citrus notes of lemon, as well as hints of peach, plums, and touches of caramel and coffee from the base malt. Taste is bitter but balanced and protagonism of herbal notes.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).
68 / 100
77 / 100