Splits tasting notes
Splits is an IPA from Edge Brewing dedicated to Xavi Serra. It is brewed with HBC692 hops. It has a very fruity nose, with citrus, orange, and grapefruit. Taste is also bitter and fruity, with a fresh clean finish.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).