Add to Favourites
Barbarian IPA tasting notes
Brewski Barbarian IPA is a hoppy India Pale Ale with lots of tropical fruit aromas. Pours hazy golden with a good creamy long-lasting white head. Nose of sweet tropical fruits—peaches, pinneapple, tangerine, grapefruit and mango—supported with floral, earthy notes. Taste is intense hop bitterness, light malts and juicy tropical fruits with notes of pine. Body is moderate-medium, and the texture is pretty smooth, with a lingering bitter finish. If you can visualize an army of mango-bearded Barbarians with their peach coloured armor then this beer is for you, if not you should try it!
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).
97 / 100
95 / 100
3.74 / 5
3.703 / 5