The Brett IPA tasting notes
The Brett IPA by Anspach & Hobday is a part of their Experimental Series. It is an IPA brewed with brettanomyces. It has a citric nose, with barnyard notes as well with some fruity and herbal notes. Taste is moderately sweet and bitter with some sour notes.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).
44 / 100
60 / 100