Envy tasting notes
Envy is an IPA by Amager Bryghus, and part of the Sinner Series—a serie of 7 different brews featuring the capital sins. Envy is a West Coast IPA brewed with American hops and American ale yeast, and a good balance between hop bitterness and citrus and fruity aroma. One of the best IPA's by Amager, and the beer who inspired Marcus Hjalmarsson (Brewski) to start brewing.
– Modern IPA's are decidedly hoppy and bitter, with strong hoppy and floral aromas, specially from American hops such as Citrus and Mosaic.
– Some versions are dry-hopped to get an even more intense aroma.
– Its color ranges from medium-gold to amber and even to dark brown and black in the case of Black IPA's.
– The body is medium-light and the ABV is not very high, in the range of 5 to 7,5% ABV.
– The English styles have a more sweet character derived of the malts used (giving them a caramel, bread, and toast touch).
96 / 100
95 / 100